- 54% of women would rather be hit by a truck than be fat?
- More than 90% of girls ages 15 to 17, want to change at least one aspect of their physical appearance, with body weight ranking the highest.
- 81% of ten year olds are afraid of being fat?
- 1 out of 8 adolescent girls reported starving themselves to lose weight.
- 67% of women 15-64 withdraw from life-engaging activities like giving an opinion, going to school and going to the doctor because they feel badly about their looks.
- 40% of moms tell their adolescent daughters to diet. 45% of these are of average weight.
- 70 million people worldwide struggle with eating disorders.
- In the US, as many as 10 million are suffering from anorexia or bulimia. That's more than are suffering from breast cancer.
Check out some of our other body image videos:
2009 Fat Talk Free Week
Millikin Fat Talk Free Week